A few months ago I talked about Libhub. Today we have taken the next, exciting step by publishing all 840,000 or so of Denver Public Libraries bibliographic records. The result is around 3,740,000 resources, each of which is a separate Web page, with dense cross-linking (7,880,000 in all) derived from relationships within the MARC. Here are a few interesting highlights.
- Vivaldi, Antonio, 1678-1741. and the relationships from him to other works (and subjects) in the Denver Library.
- Arabic works and Arabic fiction held by DPL (see the “Is subject of” list for specific items)
- Starting page of many pages of maps held at DPL
- Index page of persons with Arabic, Hebrew & Cyrillic names (Chinese starts on the next page)
- My friends book of poems “Ndewo, Colorado”
- And of course, in the context of “The Linkable Molly Brown”, updated Molly Brown-related things, for which a few links are: Molly Brown archives (including the papers) … the person of Molly Brown (or rather one of them, there is some duplication you might notice, which we’re working on in our refinements) … “The unsinkable Molly Brown cookbook” by May Bennett Wills and Caroline Bancroft.